Join our Supervisory Committee
April 12, 2021
Have you ever wondered how the credit union operates? Sitting on the Supervisory Committee is a great way to see how your credit union functions on a day-to-day basis. It is also a great way to give back to the credit union that puts its members first.
If you are a credit union member who meets the requirements below, please contact CEO / President Todd Turner or submit the quick form below.
Supervisory Committee Duties
- Assist the Board of Directors and Credit Union management to meet the required financial reporting objectives.
- Ensure the Board of Directors and Credit Union management establish practices and procedures to safeguard members’ assets.
- Attend monthly Supervisory Committee and Board of Directors meetings. Attend the Annual Meeting of the membership held in March.
- Make sure an annual audit is conducted and internal controls are tested regularly.
- Present a report to the Board of Directors of annual audit findings.
Supervisory Committee Requirements
- Membership in the credit union. Must be bondable.
- An accounting background is beneficial but not essential.
- Work experience with a bank, credit union, or financial institutions is advantageous but not required.
- Applicants MUST be willing to learn about credit union operations, commit the necessary time to attend meetings, enjoy working with people, possess strong communication skills, and be able to exercise independent judgment and objectivity.